Wednesday 26 September 2018

Workshop 01

The workshop in itself confused everyone. It was our first official new material lecture, and the question threw us a bit, also it was our first week back after four months off, so everyone wasn't focusing on the question, and just had a giggle or were on their phones. The workshop reminded me of studying for my theory test. The badly assembled look of the image and the confusing structure of the question was like something straight out of the theory test book.




The feeling and struggle of getting a full licence
 


The delivery of the workshop was okay, it could have been better, more student interaction would have been better, the video format of having the images in a Vimeo video might have been a weakness, because waiting for the images to change in the video was hard to keep concentration with. The strength it had was having it in an easily accessible manner, whereby the students can do the workshop on one format, rather than switching between Moodle, Microsoft, Google etc. I worked on the question with other students, but we couldn't figure out the answer even with our combined knowledge of the rules of the road, it's probably a sign we shouldn't be driving on the road yet!!
Working in groups is handier than working by yourself anyway, as with any business, or marketing team, or graphic design team, if you are in a team, you can work better and more efficiently, as you can throw ideas out in the open, and brainstorm better, as many hands make easy work. This short experience is an insight to my assignment down the line, as I might want to work in a group rather than by myself. 
Writing in this blog format is a new experience for me, I find it interesting, as it fuels my creativity for my project. On the other hand it is a slight be intimidating, having my peers and lecture reading, essentially my thoughts on the module written down. However, this experience will have a positive effect on not only my college abilities, but also my writing abilities.
That is all I really have to say about the workshop. 











1 comment:

  1. The purpose of the workshop was to get everyone thinking and working in groups, there was no one correct answer- i was really interested in how each of you would tackle a difficult task. I hope you enjoy the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete