Thursday 27 September 2018

Self Introduction

About myself,
I suppose my favourite module last year was either photography or Storytelling and Narrative, both modules provided me with a greater interest in the course overall. The photography gave me a chance to do something I always wanted to do, which was to actually use and learn about cameras. The storytelling gave me a chance to study scenes and scriptwriting. I loved watching and studying films when I was young, always wondering how they set up the scene or what went into achieving a certain scene, like with the Star Wars prequel films, I always wondered how they did the lightsabers and force moves, and even Quentin Tarantino films, like Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction, the story driven narrative always alluded me. With Storytelling and Narrative, I somewhat understand the process, but I still want to learn and know more.
Image LinkQuentin Tarantino
I like to playing games and pool, airsoft etc. My favourite game series would be Metal Gear Solid or Mortal Kombat. I don’t really have a particular artist or band that I like, or even a particular genre, I have a broad interest in all or most music. Post Malone, Metallica, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Drake etc.

I didn’t really do much during the summer except work and pay for stuff for college, like a camera and a laptop. I hung out with friends a lot and spent time with my family. I enjoy Marvel movies and just Marvel in general, I watch WWE and UFC a lot. I also like great story driven video games, for example the new game God of War was a story about a son and his father on a journey to spread his mother’s ashes st the hightedt peak in all the nine realms. The game spends a lot of time with characters, and thus makes you care about them. It’s hard for a media to do that nowadays, with the like of the television show Game of Thrones, where characters are killed off left right and center. So for a game to have that effect on you really makes you think about what way the entertainment industry is going.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shane!
    Photography was a fun module last year. It was a great chance to get out of the classroom to work. I also liked the Story Telling and Narrative module like you. I wasn't the best at the module but it was enjoyable. Great to see another person with a great choice of video games. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shane, great introduction to yourself and a good post. I loved photography too, it's great that you enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. Storytelling and narrative was a great module too, it's great how it allowed us to explore film more and animation too. Marvel movies are great they never get boring. Great post Shane, looking forward to see where you go from here.

    ReplyDelete